Translation from English to Italian and Italian to English
All Translations include Editing and Proofreading, but the Editing and Proofreading services are also offered separately
Professional Translation, Editing and Proofreading services offered for:
• General and Technical Translation
• All types of Documents and Certificates
• Websites Translation
• Websites Localisation
• Businesses, Professionals and Individuals
• Marketing Brochures and Flyers
• Tourist Information Centres.
• Tourism, Guidebooks, Menus
• Airports, Train and Bus Stations, Transportation services etc…
Fields of Specialisation and Competence
Lorenzo Cubeddu is also a Freelance Web Designer with experience and runs Lorenzo WebSite Design, a registered Business in Ireland. Following is a list of some areas of Web Design that I am competent and skilled in:
• XHTML/ HTML (Extensible/Hyper Text Markup Language)
• CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
• SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
• Responsive Web Design
• Videos and Images Editing Software
• Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop
• FTP software, Code editing software etc…
• WampServer Web Development
• Web Hosting Server’s cPanel
• Various other software, programs, Office suites etc…
Food and Beverage – Tourism
I worked in the Hotel and Catering Industry for a number of years, holding the position of Restaurant Manager in restaurants and Hotel’s restaurants in Italy, England and Ireland, also running a business in Sardinia, Italy. I have broad experience in the Food and Beverage Industry and Tourism.
Windsurfing and Sailing
I am an experienced windsurfer and sailor. The love of the ocean, sailing and windsurfing led me to undertake a number of Professional RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Training Courses at UKSA (United Kingdom Sailing Academy), West Cowes, Isle of Wight, England.
The RYA Professional Training covered a great amount of theory and studying, as all examinations had detailed and comprehensive final exams in both theory and practice. Following are some of the Qualifications and Certifications I achieved:
• RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor Qualification and Certification
• Windsurfing Instructor Qualification and Certification
• RYA Coastal Day Skipper Certification
• Navigation and Meteorology
• RYA Powerboat training and handling Certification
• RYA First Aid at Sea Certification
• RYA VHF Operator Certification
• PADI Open Water Diver Certification
• I worked as Professional Dinghy Sailing and Windsurfing Instructor in West Cowes, Isle of Wight, England, and Ardres in the North of France.
• I sailed as Professional crewmember of a 74ft Brigantine Schooner, sailing from Falmouth, Cornwall England, to Madeira, and to Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
• Sailed in the South of England, the Solent and the English Channel to France on a 40 ft Yacht.
• I have windsurfed for several years in different part of the World, and I continue to Windsurf regularly in the West of Ireland where I have been living for more than a decade.
Text Expansion and Contraction in Translation
Translation between languages will cause text expansion (use of more words) and contraction (use of fewer words), as some languages are wordier than English while others use fewer words. The Italian language when translated from English to Italian will expand 10 % to 25% more as an average indication and the opposite when translating from Italian to English.
Supported File Formats and Extensions
Not all types of files and formats are editable and a list of the supported file’s formats and file extensions for Translation are:
- DOC/DOCX Microsoft Word, XLS/XLSX Microsoft Excel, PPT/PPTX Microsoft PowerPoint, RTF (Rich Text Format)
- Apache Open Office ODT (Word processor document) ODS (Spreadsheet document) ODP (Presentation document) and WPS Office files
- TXT (PlainText), HTM/HTML (Web page file), XLM (Extensible Markup Language)
- Editable PDF (Portable Document Format). An Editable PDF is a PDF file that has selectable text, not scanned text or text in images that you cannot select and copy/edit for Translation
The use of Client’s privates TM (Translation Memories) and Glossaries for Translation can be arranged on request and the supported file’s formats and extensions are:
- TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) for TM (Translation Memories) and simple tabulated text files TXT (source + tab + target) for Glossaries.